As a crucial and vulnerable part of the operational vehicle, the fuel tank’s optimization and safety may determine the success of a mission.
After years of customized design and production, Magam has perfected the material engineering and production techniques, which provide the quality and ensure the safety required for military and civil fuel tanks.
Magam’s fuel tanks provide a unique and unprecedented combination of characteristics including their size, maximum carrying load, flexibility and anti-crack stability.
Magam’s flexible fuel tanks have been integrated in various platforms, providing a safe and effective fuel containment solution. Magam has been the sole supplier of fuel tanks for the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) “Merkava” MBT (Main Battle Tank) since 1974.
• Internal Armored Fighting Vehicles (AFVs), fighter and civilian aircrafts, Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) and ships
• External and additional drop tank
• Fuel tanks for mobile and static gas stations
Benefits of Magam’s Rubber Fuel Tanks
The following qualities have positioned Magam’s laminated flexible fuel tanks as the solution of choice for designers and engineers of land, air and sea combat vehicles, as well as civilian aircrafts.
• Flexibility – Easily inserted or removed and fits into any space
• Durability – Can withhold impact without cracking
• Sturdiness – Able to carry a load of up to 620 gallons / 2.5 tones
• Significantly lighter than rigid fuel tanks
• Simple repair process, even in the field
• Long lasting – Up to 15 years
• Dynamic utilization of space
• Tailored to customer requirements and fuel types
• Turns any vehicle into an ad-hoc tanker